Thursday, November 3, 2011

Yikes.

I am an introvert.

You wouldn't know this if you saw me walking around school or teaching a class, because I'm just as loud and obnoxious as any 8th grader you'd find roaming the halls of GSL; however, when I'm out in public, I prefer to go unnoticed. That's why today's message from my co-worker, Marci, absolutely freaked me out. During my Latin exam this morning I received this email from her:

Well-- now Channel 5 has called-- Kym Clark would like to come do a segment on your classroom.
Can you believe?! Now you REALLY are famous!


Fantastic. Television? Really? It's an INFJ's worst nightmare. But this is important to me and a fantastic way for Memphis to know about GSL, which has often been called Memphis' "best kept secret" in education.

I told my Latin kids who will be involved in the whole filming experience which will happen on Tuesday, and they were so happy...and rightly so, it's pretty fantastic to have all that hard work pay off in the form of a cameraman in your classroom. Go, team!

No comments:

Post a Comment