Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm Just Popping In...

Coolest part of my day: Popping in on the 8th graders' Google Docs while they were filling out my iNotes on a short story we were preparing to read. I left comments and helped them individually without talking and distracting them. It was fun for me and them because I got to help and make them smile while they were working (sometimes I typed stuff like, "WAKE UP!!" Other times I was able to type, "Why are you deleting that? It's a great answer!!" Best of all I interacted with every single student (and most of them more than once) in the span of 20 minutes. I felt like they were motivated to work knowing that I could pop in and observe their progress without tipping them off by walking towards them. The element of surprise is essential in a middle school classroom. Today, "just popping in" made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment