Monday, January 31, 2011

OMG OMG OMG

It's 10:03 and I am sitting on my couch seeing which google docs I can grade before school tomorrow since Tuesdays are super hard. As I'm perusing documents, I can see students doing homework.

And. They. Can. See. Me.

So, I start a comment in a student's Google doc, and this poor, (un)fortunate young man can see as I write it:


Me: Greetings, Bob*
Bob: Uh, this is freaking me out. I'm kinda scared.
Me: Why, Bob? Cause I can pop in and see how the homework's coming along?
Bob: Yeah.
Me: Well, make sure you don't copy and paste from Wikipedia right in front of me, ok? Have a nice night! ;)


*Names have been changed to protect the poor souls who will have to face me tomorrow.

It's easy for a teenager to lock himself in his room with his laptop, xBox, iPod, HD TV, and his phone. Mom and Dad are probably blissfully watching Modern Family not realizing just how ironic it is.

But never fear, I'm checking on the sweet, little beasts and making sure they are scared half to death of me just dropping in on their homework adventures....helping with this and clearing up that.

Technology works both ways, kiddos. The classroom is no longer just that place that has desks and lockers. It's EVERYWHERE. I'm EVERYWHERE. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment